Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Let us know who is visiting our blog. Please take a minute to leave a comment. Just click on the word comment and leave us a message. We would love to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by and checking in on us.

Sick Little Baby

I am posting from Children's Hospital. We arrived here on Saturday with Hadleigh. She was very irritable, whimpered/cried, and was not herself on Friday. We called the doctor and spoke to one of the nurses two times, but still did not feel like we were on the right track with a diagnosis. She woke up Saturday with a temperature. We called again and thankfully our nurse said she believed in a mother's instinct and she was sending us to Children's Hospital. It was a very emotional day. They had to do blood work, a spinal tap, insert a catheter, and put an IV in our 4 week old baby girl. It was not a fun time. They decided to admit us for at least 48 hours until everything could be cultured. We later found out as her temp was going up that she had spinal meningitis. We are now waiting to find out if it is the bacterial or viral kind. We are praying it is viral. Bacterial meningitis requires a 14 day hospital stay with IV antibiotics. She is already receiving 3 different types of antibiotics for precaution. The doctors explained that we made a very good decision in bringing her in early. This is not something you want to sit and wait on especially in a baby as young as Hadleigh. Thank you Lord for the insight, prompting , and wisdom. Hadleigh had a much better day. She has not cried much. She is eating and sleeping. We are still battling her fever going up and down. We are currently praying specifically for no more fever and that no bacteria would grow in her cultures. The head of infectious diseases came in this morning and told us he hoped we would leave in two days, but alot would depend on Hadleigh and the cultures.
I can not thank everyone enough for the phone calls, kind words, and prayers that have gone up on her behalf. It is overwhelming to hear of how many churches and people prayed for our beautiful, precious baby girl. I know God heard everyone of you and has touched our baby. I sat and held her today as she slept so peacefully. I cried thinking about how good God is and how able. He is so faithful when we trust and lean on him. My favorite verse has always been 1 Peter 5:7-Casting all your cares on him for he careth for you. I could not say it any better. I am thankful that I serve a God that does care for my every need-whether I am praying for my baby to rest, no bacteria to grow, that we would have the right doctors, or something as simple as providing her with formula. He hears us and answers. Thank you again to all of you who are standing in the gap with us believing for complete healing with no side effects. We are truly blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family. We love you.

P.S. I will post again once our team of doctors makes rounds.

2 comments:

The Covin's said...

I am so sorry about Hadleigh. I was there on Saturday(I work in the ER) and just didn't realize yall were there. I wish I would have noticed it was yall and visited. I will be back on Thursday but hopefully yall will be at home getting some much needed rest I'm sure. I know how hard it is staying in the hospital with a sick child and people in and out constantly. We will be praying for all of you. We did have a great time in DW and Brooks did great. We didn't get to ride many things together but it worked out great with the fast passes and the switch a rider. A few suggestions would be to get some clip on fans for the stroller if you are going during hot months and get a pacifier clip if she takes one so you don't have to worry about losing pacifiers all day. Also they have a baby care center in the parks so you can nurse or pump if you are doing that. We found about that a few days into the trip- it was kind of difficult trying to pump in the bathroom stall! Anyways, you all are in our prayers and let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

The Myrick's said...

Thanks so much. We were discharged today. Praise the Lord. I told Scott I knew you worked in the ER and was pretty sure Trisha had retired from there. I came so close to asking for you when they mentioned doing a spinal tap, but wasn't sure if they were keen on that. That is acutally how I found out you went to Disneyworld. I went to your blog to see if you told when you worked. We had great care. Mike was our ER nurse. I am relieved that we are now home. I love the nurses and doctors at Children's and am so thankful that we have such a great place to go. Have you guys ever been to Disney in December? I was wondering what it would be like to go after Christmas? I'll have to check into the swith a rider thing. I don't know about that. Thanks for the advice. Hopefully, we want be back to Children's, but if we do I will ask if you are there. It would put my mind at ease at least.